Monastery of Aghios Nikolaos at Tzora
The Monastery of Aghios Nikolaos at Tzora is located at the Driskos peak, north east of the city of Ioannina. In accordance with information that has been provided to us by Mr. Lambrides, the monastery was established in 790, however Mr. Arabantinos has preserved that the monastery has been mentioned for the first time in 1321 in a golden bull by the emperor Andronicus Palaeologos, by which it was assigned to the Metropolitan Church of Ioannina. On an inscription above the door on the west wall, which is not easy to distinguish and has been published, we read that the present day monastery was restored and decorated in 1663. It is probable that the iconostasis with the exquisite technique was also produced in the same year.