The Transfiguration of the Saviour at Anthochorion
The Transfiguration of the Saviour at Anthochorion in Metsovo is a small chapel at the Zoodochos Pege monastery (Kokkino Lithari or in the Walachian idiom «Kiatra Rosia»). It belongs to the end of the 17th or the beginning of the 18th century, in accordance with the monastery register, which covers the period 1700 1824, in which we read that prior to the construction of the catholicon they built the Transfiguration chapel and its cells. Specifically we read: «The Transfiguration was built in 1700 », «by travelling Metsovo (ketatzedon) craftsmen... » and in «1702 we built the house». The old sections of the iconostasis that have survived have been dated to 1687.