Monastery of Aghios Nikolaos at Skamneli
At Skamneli a town of Zagorion there is also the Monastery of Aghios Nikolaos. In accordance with information it was established in 1683 A.D. by three monks from Aghia Paraskevi, the other, older monastery at the town. According to Athenagoras the Metropolitan of Paramythia, the church was built in 1697: «1697 is the year that the church was built». The exquisite wood sculpture in the church has been dated to circa 1690. On the church floor we observe an inlaid slab with two homocentric circles, which carried in the internal circle the engraved inscription: «in the year of 1731 through the expenses of Eustace (?) ». It probably relates to the tear that the church was restored.