The Church of Aghia Paraskevi at Metsovo
The Church of Aghia Paraskevi at Metsovo is in the basilica style with three aisles and belongs to the style of three nature churches with an asymmetrical arrangement of the holy introit. The cells that existed until recently indicate that the church had previously been a monastery. There are no known written testimonies in relation to the initial construction of the church; however it is certain that it has been restored on four occasions, in 1511, 1759, 1874 and 1959. In recent years, it has been restored again since 1991. This restoration that is continuing to this day also incorporates the hagiography painting of the church by Vlasios Tsotsonis the hagiographer as well as the construction of various buildings in the surrounding area. The exquisite wood sculpted church objects which have been crafted with the perforated and deep relief technique contain representations from the New and the Old Testament, mythology, etc and have been dated to between 1750 and 1760.