Search for

Advanced search
 
Home 29 January 2020
Culture Traditional forms of Art - Professions Wood sculpture Representative works Epirus Metsovo

The Sorrowful from the south aisle, Church of Aghios Nikolaos at Tsepelovo (1764)
(Photo: Triantaphyllos Sioulis)
A section of the entablature in the central aisle, Church of Aghios Nikolaos at Tsepelovo (1764)
(Photo: Triantaphyllos Sioulis)
Inscription on the iconostasis, Church of Aghios Nikolaos at Tsepelovo (1764)
(Photo: Triantaphyllos Sioulis)
Vemothyra for the Sacred Porte, Church of Aghios Nikolaos at Tsepelovo (1764)
(Photo: Triantaphyllos Sioulis)
Upper shield for the iconostasis in the central aisle, Church of Aghios Nikolaos at Tsepelovo (1764)
(Photo: Triantaphyllos Sioulis)
Despotic Throne, Church of Aghios Nikolaos at Tsepelovo (1764)
(Photo: Triantaphyllos Sioulis)
Vestibule for the Pulpit, Church of Aghios Nikolaos at Tsepelovo (1764)
(Photo: Triantaphyllos Sioulis)
Faldstool, Church of Aghios Nikolaos at Tsepelovo (1764)
(Photo: Triantaphyllos Sioulis)
Lectern with detail, Church of Aghios Nikolaos at Tsepelovo (1764)
(Photo: Triantaphyllos Sioulis)
Cherubim and Monstrance with details, Church of Aghios Nikolaos at Tsepelovo (1764)
(Photo: Triantaphyllos Sioulis)

Audio-Video files
No audio or video files.

Useful links
Geographic map of Ioannina Prefecture with the works of Metsovo and aTournovo wood sculptors
Geographic map of Ioannina Prefecture with the works of Metsovo and aTournovo wood sculptors

Other files
No other files.
Topics
Representative works
Wood sculpture of Metsovo
Wood sculpture of Gorgopotamos
LOCATION
Epirus
Gorgopotamos
Metsovo
Representative works: Subtopics All topics
There are no more subtopics under the current topic

14/11/2006
Church of Aghios Nikolaos at Tsepelovo

Triantaphyllos Sioulis

© Prefecture of Ioannina
print preview

The Church of Aghios Nikolaos at Tsepelovo in Zagorion is a magnificent parish church in the three aisle basilica style, which has three natures. Information mentions that the church was built in 1753 whilst the hagiography was painted in 1786. The inscription in the entablature of the iconostasis, that magnificent work of art in the south aisle, states: «The present iconostasis was decorated and sculpted at the expense of the honourable leading citizens Mr. Theodoros Romas, Mr. Ioannis Primikyris, Mr. Lazaros and Mr. Nikolaos his son, Mr. Rados Basilis, Mr. Christodoulos Diamantis in 1764 on the 3rd day of October / By the hand of Anastasios and his sons / Ioannis of Ioannis and Georgios from Kapesovo».