Search for

Advanced search
 
Home 11 December 2019
Culture Traditional forms of Art - Professions Wood sculpture Representative works Epirus Gorgopotamos

The Sorrowful (detail), Monastery for the Holy Trinity at Brysochorion (1773)
(Photo: Triantaphyllos Sioulis)
Entablature, first, low, zone and Epithyron for the Sacred Porte, Monastery for the Holy Trinity at Brysochorion (1773)
(Photo: Triantaphyllos Sioulis)
The Sorrowful and the upper zone on the entablature, Monastery for the Holy Trinity at Brysochorion (1773)
(Photo: Triantaphyllos Sioulis)
Entablature, details of the small icons from the second zone, Monastery for the Holy Trinity at Brysochorion (1773)
(Photo: Triantaphyllos Sioulis)
Shields, Monastery for the Holy Trinity at Brysochorion (1773)
(Photo: Triantaphyllos Sioulis)

Audio-Video files
No audio or video files.

Useful links
Geographic map of Ioannina Prefecture with the works of Metsovo and Tournovo wood sculptors
Geographic map of Ioannina Prefecture with the works of Metsovo and Tournovo wood sculptors

Other files
No other files.
Topics
Representative works
Wood sculpture of Metsovo
Wood sculpture of Gorgopotamos
LOCATION
Epirus
Gorgopotamos
Metsovo
Representative works: Subtopics All topics
There are no more subtopics under the current topic

14/11/2006
Monastery of the Holy Trinity at Brysochorion

Triantaphyllos Sioulis

© Prefecture of Ioannina
print preview

The Monastery of the Holy Trinity at Brysochorion (formerly Lesinitsa) is a small single room church that is situated to the north east of mount Tymphe (Gamela) in the central Zagorion region. Mr. Lambrides has mentioned that the Monastery was built in 1773. The iconostasis in the church is small in dimension and original in terms of the technical execution and the subject matter. All of the figures as well as the remaining decor are in relief and have been expressed in a very abstract and schematic manner. The construction of the iconostasis has been dated to circa 1773.