Monastery for the Transfiguration of the Saviour at Romano
The Monastery for the Transfiguration of the Saviour at Romano in the Dodonis region was established in 1113, in accordance with available information, by the abbot Ioasaph and thereafter, having suffered many damages was rebuilt in 1866 under the abbot Parthennios. The iconostasis occupies the entire width of the church. The relief decorative for the church has been created with the deep relief technique and has been painted very beautifully with a variety of colours. The construction period for the wood sculpted objects has been dated to 1866.