Church of Aghios Nikolaos at Konitsa
The Church of Aghios Nikolaos at Konitsa is a magnificent church with three aisles that constitutes the Metropolitan church for the Metropolis of Dryinoupolis and Konitsa. In an inscription on the Despotic icon of Aghios Nikolaos, we read: «The four icons were decorated through the contribution and the expense of Mr. Demetrios Porphyiadis in his and his parents memory in 1858. ». The iconostasis is amongst the largest in dimension in the region of Epirus with the original structure and subject matter that alludes to the ancient Greek originals. Having assessed it on the basis of the structure as well as the subject matter we have dated it to the mid 19th century, to approximately 1858.