Search for

Advanced search
 
Home 12 November 2019
Culture Architecture Epirus Metsovo

Audio-Video files
No audio or video files.

Useful links
No links.

Other files
No other files.
Topics
Greek benefactors
Traditional houses and buildings of Epirus
Traditional bridges of Epirus
Publications on the traditional bridges of Epirus
Fotis Rapakousis Museum
Photographical Collections
Artists of Ioannina
Festivals
Folkloric elements
Settlements
Music and dancing traditions
Professions
Christian monuments
Museums
Archaeological sites and monuments
Traditional forms of Art - Professions
History
Mythology
Religion
Folklore - customs and manners
Personalities
Museum Objects
Castles - Towers
Architecture
Jewish Monuments
Islamic Monuments
LOCATION
Epirus
Ano Louros and Western Xerovouni
Ano Kalamas
Grammenochoria (the Grammeno villages)
Zagori
Ioannina
Kampochoria
Katsanochoria
Konitsa
Kourenta Ntouskara
Lakka Souli
Metsovo
Pogoni
The Peristeri villages
Tzoumerka
Architecture: Subtopics All topics
There are no more subtopics under the current topic

05/02/2008
THE METSOVO AREA/ARCHITECTURE

comitech

print preview

BRIDGES:

- The Balkan Bridge:
300 meters from Votonosi, on the road to Anthochori, hidden by the current bridge and the heavy vegetation stands a simple 7.20 meter arch, supporting the bridge that connects the two banks of the Metsovitikos. It was built in 1707 over the “Summer Road” towards Metsovo and funded by one John Spanou.
* bridge

FOUNTAINS:

- The Maria Vlacha Fountain:
In the Aghioi Apostoli area of Metsovo lies a stone fountain with bronze spigots and stone benches, sheltered under a wood and blackstone shelter made by a group of very skilled, local craftsmen: John Padiotis, Kiriakos Panagos, Stilianos Zonelis, Nicholas ans Apostolos Koutsoukis. It was built in 1900 with funds donated by the Metsovite Maria Vlacha.
* fountain, craftsmen

- Flocas’ Fountain:
Built in stone on all three of its side, the fountain in the central square (Fontana di cambouri di dighiaossou in the Vlach language) was built in 1781 with funds donated by Dimitrios and Kyriakos Flocas.
* fountain


LOOM, WATER MILL:

- Loom, water mill in Anthochori where the Water Power Museum is located.
- Ginas’ Mill at the Panagia location in Metsovo: A farm with a water mill, gristmills, looms, warehouses, stables and residence in Metsovo.

LISTED BUILDINGS:
- A building housing the coffee shop in the Metsovo square.
- Shops in the central square, including the Stachouli Shop.