ANO KALAMAS/ ARCHITECTURE
On the 28th km of the national road Ioannina Igoumenitsa, there is an exit that leads to the village of Paliouri. At a distance of 1500 m from the village, is Smolitsas, a tributary river of Kalamas; there, among rich vegetation, lies the bridge which was constructed in 1835, 7 m above water with a width of 2m.
*architecture, tradition, bridge, interesting natural landscape
An abandoned traditional settlement. An object of study and research for stone constructions. From its small plateau, on the eastern side of the verdant Kassidiaris, the old Mavronoros overlooks the mountains of Pindos and Parakalamos, Chrissorahi, Vella and the renowned hill of Sossinou. The healthy vine farmers and capable stone craftsmen rebuilt their village in Aghios Nikolaos, where it is currently located.