Search for

Advanced search
 
Home 17 November 2019
Culture Traditional forms of Art - Professions Wood sculpture Representative works Epirus Gorgopotamos
Topics
Representative works
Wood sculpture of Metsovo
Wood sculpture of Gorgopotamos
LOCATION
Epirus
Gorgopotamos
Metsovo
Representative works: Subtopics All topics
There are no more subtopics under the current topic

14/11/2006
Monastery of the Holy Trinity at Brysochorion


The Monastery of the Holy Trinity at Brysochorion (formerly Lesinitsa) is a small single room church that is situated to the north east of mount Tymphe (Gamela) in the central Zagorion region.

read more

14/11/2006
Church of Aghios Ioannis the Forerunner at Rongovo


The Church of Aghios Ioannis the Forerunner at Rongovo, close to Tsepelovo at Zagorion was built in 1749 and decorated in 1765 by the Kapesovo hagiographers Anastasios and his sons Ioannis and Georgios, in accordance with the inscription above the door to the main church.

read more

14/11/2006
Tirana Museum


Many wood sculpted objects were found in the show cases of the Tirana Museum, which have been dated to various periods, from the 16th up to the 19th century with hagiography in their sections that all allude to artists of Greek descent, such as Onouphrios the Cypriot, whose name we have read at a vemothera that was displayed in the Museum dated to.

read more

14/11/2006
Church of Aghios Nikolaos at Kepoi in Zagorion


It constitutes the main church of the town (formerly Bangia) is large in size and has three aisles. In accordance with information it was initially built in 1779, it was destroyed by fire n 1853 and was reconstructed in 1854.

read more

14/11/2006
Church of Taxiarchon at Laista in Zagorion


The Church of Taxiarchon at Laista in Zagorion is a magnificent church with a magnificent and enormous iconostasis, which has been created with the deep relief technique and has many representations from the Holy Bible and mythology. Its construction period has been dated to approximately the first half of the 19th century.

read more

14/11/2006
Monastery for the Transfiguration of the Saviour at Romano


The Monastery for the Transfiguration of the Saviour at Romano in the Dodonis region was established in 1113, in accordance with available information, by the abbot Ioasaph and thereafter, having suffered many damages was rebuilt in 1866 under the abbot Parthennios.

read more

14/11/2006
Church of Aghios Nikolaos at Konitsa


The Church of Aghios Nikolaos at Konitsa is a magnificent church with three aisles that constitutes the Metropolitan church for the Metropolis of Dryinoupolis and Konitsa.

read more