Search for

Advanced search
 
Home 06 December 2019
Culture Traditional forms of Art - Professions Wood sculpture Representative works Epirus Metsovo
Topics
Representative works
Wood sculpture of Metsovo
Wood sculpture of Gorgopotamos
LOCATION
Epirus
Gorgopotamos
Metsovo
Representative works: Subtopics All topics
There are no more subtopics under the current topic

14/11/2006
Monastery of Aghioi Anargyroi at Kleidonia


The Monastery of Aghioi Anargyroi at Kleidonia in Zagorion where in accordance with an inscription above the door on the western wall of the church we read that it was built in 1658 and was decorated circa 1666. The iconostasis for the church with the smooth relief, with the impressed technique, was created at about the middle of the 17th century and more specifically in 1660.

read more

14/11/2006
Monastery of Aghia Paraskevi at Skamneli


The Monastery of Aghia Paraskevi at Skamneli in Zagorion where according to tradition it is said that the church was built in an unknown period and that it was established as a Stavropegiake monastery during the period of the Despot dynasty in Epirus, whilst another tradition mentions that it was built in the 12th – 13th century AD.

read more

14/11/2006
Monastery of Aghios Nikolaos at Tzora


The Monastery of Aghios Nikolaos at Tzora is located at the Driskos peak, north east of the city of Ioannina. In accordance with information that has been provided to us by Mr. Lambrides, the monastery was established in 790, however Mr. Arabantinos has preserved that the monastery has been mentioned for the first time in 1321 in a golden bull by the emperor Andronicus Palaeologos, by which it was assigned to the Metropolitan Church of Ioannina.

read more

14/11/2006
Monastery of the Repose of the Virgin Mary at Botsas


The Monastery of the Repose of the Virgin Mary at Botsa is one of the most ancient monasteries in Epirus, which is located close to Greveniti, a town to the east of Zagorion, at an exquisite location beside the Bardas River

read more

14/11/2006
Aghios Athanasios at Mikron Peristerion


Aghios Athanasios at Mikron Peristerion in the Metsovo region is a church that has probably been built between the 15th and 16th century, since below the murals, which exist to this date and have been dated, in accordance with the inscription, to 1680 A.D., there has also been detected another layer with older murals.

read more

14/11/2006
The Transfiguration of the Saviour at Anthochorion


The Transfiguration of the Saviour at Anthochorion in Metsovo is a small chapel at the Zoodochos Pege monastery (Kokkino Lithari or in the Walachian idiom «Kiatra Rosia»).

read more

14/11/2006
Monastery of Aghios Nikolaos at Skamneli


At Skamneli a town of Zagorion there is also the Monastery of Aghios Nikolaos. In accordance with information it was established in 1683 A.D. by three monks from Aghia Paraskevi, the other, older monastery at the town, Aghia Paraskevi.

read more

14/11/2006
Church for the Repose of the Virgin Mary at Skamneli


The Church for the Repose of the Virgin Mary at Skamneli in Zagorion has been mentioned in a list of Stavropegiake monasteries that was published by Gideon, the Head Archivist for the Patriarchates, as the «Holy Monastery to the Most Holy Virgin Mary at Skamneli – Zagorion». It would appear that at some time in the past the church had been a monastery, on the basis of the «Supreme and Angelic Legion of the Monks » that exists behind the main entry to the church.

read more

14/11/2006
The Church of Aghia Paraskevi at Metsovo


The Church of Aghia Paraskevi at Metsovo is in the basilica style with three aisles and belongs to the style of three nature churches with an asymmetrical arrangement of the holy introit. The cells that existed until recently indicate that the church had previously been a monastery.

read more

14/11/2006
Church of Aghios Nikolaos at Tsepelovo


The Church of Aghios Nikolaos at Tsepelovo in Zagorion is a magnificent parish church in the three aisle basilica style, which has three natures. Information mentions that the church was built in 1753 whilst the hagiography was painted in 1786.

read more

[Fisrt Page] [Previous] Showing page 1 of 2 pages [Next] [Last Page]